This took much less time to make that I thought it would. Which is great because i’m lazy af.
***POSSIBLE ALLERGY WARNINGS: peanuts, tomatoes, coconut***
- 4oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 x can chickpeas
- 1 x onion finely chopped
- 1tsp onion granules/powder
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1Tbsp Tamari/soy sauce
- 1Tbsp curry powder
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsp turmeric
- Oil for frying (your choice)
HOW TO MAKE
- Fry the onion for 1-2 minutes in a pan with an oil of your choice. I used coconut oil.
- Once the onion has started to brown a little, add the cherry tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes start to reduce down.
- Add the chickpeas, canned tomatoes, turmeric, onion granules, paprika and curry powder
- Cook for approx 2-5 minutes until all the flavours have combined.
- Pour in the coconut milk, tomato puree and peanut butter.
- Simmer on a medium heat for roughly 7-8 minutes.
- At the last minute, stir in the Tamari/soy sauce and serve with whatever you fancy! I had mine with quinoa.
- I sprinkled a little fresh parsley over the top as i had some left from a different recipe.
This recipe made 4 decent sized meal portions (including the quinoa), plus an large extra portion for the freezer that will easily make 2 additional meals.