These are super easy to make and you can freeze them too. Makes a nice alternative to an oatmeal smoothie or a bowl of porridge. I have these for breakfast on my high carb days.
- 6 x ripe bananas
- 400g oats (I use gluten free)
- 1tsp cinnamon (unless you’re me and use 3).
- 2tbsp water
- Optional: add any other fruit you like. I also used pumpkin spice in mine as ’tis the season!
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat the oven to 200c/gas mark 6
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until you pretty much have a paste
- Add the oats, cinnamon and water (also add any other fruit you might like)
- Mix until you have a nice, smoothish paste
- Line a baking tin with baking paper. I used a brownie tin
- Pour the mixture into the tin and press it all down nice and firmly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Allow to cool, then slice into your preferred portion size. This recipe made 10 bars, but i like my portion sizes pretty chunky.
I had mine with fresh raspberries and Alpro’s Vanilla Greek Yogurt – NOM!
These will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container, but then can also be frozen quite happily. I tend to keep enough out for 2 days breakfast, then put the rest in the freezer.