This one is for Kath, my fellow Halloween and pumpkin spice enthusiast 🙂
Yes, i know it’s still August and no, i regret nothing. Pumpkin Spice is life and i’ll damn use it in everything all year if i want to! It’s Halloween all year if you’re goth enough.
These are gluten and dairy free, but do use eggs so they aren’t vegan. You could always replace the eggs with a flax egg or vegan alternative instead.
INGREDIENTS (this makes 3 large pancakes)
- 100g gluten free flour (i used Dove’s Farm)
- 300ml almond milk (you can use any milk really)
- 2 x large eggs
- 1 x tbsp pumpkin spice powder (mixture below)
- 2-3 x drops of caramel flavouring
- Coconut oil for frying
- Molasses (or you can use whichever sweetener/sugar you have)
- 1 large frying pan
- A hand whisk or food mixer (i used my Nutri Ninja)
- Measuring jug
- Ladle or big serving spoon
PUMPKIN SPICE MIX
- 3 x tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 x tsp ground ginger
- 2 x tsp round nutmeg
- 1 x tsp ground allspice
- 1 x tsp ground cloves
I have a jar of this mixture on had all year round because i can’t get enough of it. What i do is work my way through the list above until the jar is about three quarters full, then give it a good shake to mix it all together.
- Mix the eggs, flour and milk together until blended.
- Add 1 x tbsp of pumpkin spice (or if you’re like me, 2)
- Add a couple of drops of caramel flavouring
- Mix everything together
- Leave mixture to stand for about 20 minutes
- Heat up your pan on a medium heat and add the coconut milk.
- Ladle some of your pancake mixture into the pan and cook for a few minutes each side until golden brown.
- Drizzle some of the molasses over the top and enjoy!
If you really wanted to get lavish, you could add some filling like banana, cherries or chocolate spread.
HAPPY EARLY PUMPKIN SPICE SEASON EVERYONE!
Oh yeah just bought my spice mix!