Want something power packed for brunch that’ll keep your spoons topped up? Then look no further my spoonie friend! This toast will keep you going if you’ve got some chores to do or errands to run. Works for me every time, and not just for brunch: I have this a lot for dinner too.
It’s easy peasy and required minimum effort. I’ve also found it really easy to digest and soothing for my tummy whenever my IBS is bad, i just exclude the bread.
- 2 x slices of toasted wheatgerm bread
- 2 x large eggs
- 1 x avocado (large)
- 2 x slices Emmental cheese
- a hand full of cherry tomatoes
- some fresh basil (dried works just as well)
- a splash of milk
- salt and pepper
- Crack open the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a splash of milk. I also add some fresh basil and some salt and pepper. Dried mixed herbs work just as well too.
- Pop the toast in the toaster.
- Start scrambling the eggs in a saucepan (or in the microwave depending on how many spoons you have).
- Peel and mash the avocado in a bowl with a pinch of pepper
- Slice the tomatoes into halves
- Put a slice of Emmental on each slice of toast
- Add the mashed avocado
- Add the scrambled egg
- Top with the tomatoes
I sometimes add either a little mayonnaise or some balsamic glaze to finish because I am a slut for literally any condiment.